Friday, June 8, 2007

Week 6

I really found the information from week six to be interesting. I thought that all of the url's regarding books and libraries were really helpful programs. I plan on using a few of them, especially Shelfari where you can create a virtual shelf with books that you are reading or have read to give ideas to other readers. The other programs that I thought were interesting were Elf (which could help cut down on a lot of fines for patrons. Maybe we should make some bookmarks to hand out), Guru Library (where you can do an inventory of your personal library, great idea for people who loan books and movies to friends on a regular basis), and Book Mooch (where you can swap books with other users). All of them are great ideas.
Looking through Propsmart and motormap usa was something that I normally would have never looked into. I don't see me using these programs very much, but I think that the information will be valuable to me as I will be able to suggest these sites to others.
I could however see using wikimapia, I think it is great to have users label certain areas of interest. I was able to find a lot of interesting little places in the area that I would probably have never found if it wasn't for the exercise. I wanted to add my own, but I couldn't really think of or find a place that would have been of any interest to anyone else, but if I find a neat secret area I may post it depending on how badly I want to keep the place secretive. :)
For the adventure portion I found del.icio.us to be a site that I might use. I like the idea of looking into other users favorites lists. It may give me some ideas for websites that I would have not normally found.

No comments: